Monday, August 2, 2010

Jeans: A Sad Butt's Worst Enemy

Jeans. The pant of the masses. The everyday, denim wonder that can be worn in (almost) any situation.  Jeans hate me. I can't wear them. The reason you ask? Sad butt - a term coined (I'd like to think affectionately) by my boyfriend.  The problem being that I really just don't have any "junk in the trunk" as the kids say. This isn't necessarily a problem for the stick straight ladies out there, but for me, a girl with pro-creation sized hips, it creates quite an issue. Jeans that fit my hips leave a good 3 inches of extra fabric around my backside. Jeans that fit my rump take me straight to Muffin Top Land. Not exactly my idea of a destination vacation. About a month ago I decide to face this problem head on. I went to store after store, trying on every cut, style, size, wash available. I found nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Is it possible that I am the one person on the planet that's physically unable to wear pants? Am I destined to wear skirts forever? Do people tailor their jeans? I need guidance.  

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only person on the planet. I have the same problem, except it's not my hips, it's my giant belly vs. my total lack of butt and hips. I have saggy butt all the time and my pants never stay up. Sigh.

    I also have this problem with tops, where I have tons of extra fabric around my arms and shoulders, because my chest is huge. I just need to get rich so I can have all my clothing custom made. Ha.

    ReplyDelete